2022 Intern Training Class
The 2022 Intern Class held their Graduation on Tuesday, April 5 at the Moose Lodge in Portsmouth VA. What a wonderful group of Interns who have studied the training course and are finishing up their hands on training and hours to become Master Gardeners. Congratulations to them and thank you to their mentors.
2022 Intern Class. Top row left to right: Carmela Ratcliff, Lisa Fisher, Elizabeth Wagner, Stasia Perryman, Barbara Beniamino, Jennifer Briggs, Bottom row left to right: Issani Peterson, Claire Davenport, Meshelda Gibbs, Jennifer Spencer, Judi Rudisill
2022 Intern Class and their Mentors at Graduation.
2021 Intern Class
The intern class of 2021 have completed their virtual and inperson training classes have become Perennial Master Gardeners. One of their assignments was to write an article to post on our website.
Intern Articles from the Class of 2021:
Intern Articles from the Class of 2020:
Click on the links below to read the informative articles:
The Virginia Cooperative Extension explains -- What is a Master Gardener?
To submit new articles:
*Please ensure your manuscript conforms to the American Society for Horticultural Science's Style Guide prior to submitting it through this system
Locations Where We Learn, Work and Serve
Virginia Beach, VA, 23451
Project Calendar (specific assignments with dates given in class):
- Chesapeake Arboretum Hands-On Workshops (choose at least one, or attend all three)
- Pruning Workshop (Chesapeake Arboretum) - Mid-March (Chesapeake Arboretum)
- Air Layering Workshop (Chesapeake Arboretum) - Mid-March
- Invasives (Chesapeake Arboretum) - Mid-April
- Arbor Day
- Potting Seedlings (Chesapeake Arboretum) - Early March
- Planting Day (various locations) - Mid-March
- Trailer Landscape Display Gardens (Agriculture Trailer) - April through October
- Library Plant a Row Help Desk (Central Library) - April through June
- Plant a Row (Agriculture Trailer) - July through September
- Plant Sales (multiple locations) - April
- Ready Set Grow (multiple locations) - throughout the year
- Office Help Desk (Main Agriculture Office)
- Farmer's Market Help Desk (City Park or Battlefield Park South) - June - September
- Crapemyrtle Festival (MacDonald's Garden Center) - July
- Article for Website (flexible about timing); can correspond with your intern presentation