Note: Many programs require registration, may have begun, and are offered as a part of a series. Enrollment may be filled by the date you view it here. Please consult program webpages (under "Programs and Events" tab) or call our office for additional details.
- Plant A Row for the Hungry donation drop-offs begin in June and continue through September. There are drop off locations in Great Bridge and Western Branch. Click here for more details.
You can be part of this national program by helping to reach a local goal: donations surpassing 10,000 pounds by the end of September.
No donation is too small and all are tax deductible.
Receive a pollinator-friendly plant free when you donate during June.
CMG thanks Dr. Bill Grant and his wife Lena for their generous donation of over 150 nectar plants for those who donate to Plant A Row during its 2016 launch.
- Rain Barrel Class Saturday, June 18. See the Programs and Events tab for more details.
- The Teaching Garden is a little bit different every day. Did you see the new bench area thanks to an Eagle Scout's wonderful project? Wander through while in the City's municipal center and look for display boxes with TIP OF THE MONTH sheets to read there or take home with you.
- The Little Free Library is a place to stop to take or give books, not only for young readers & with seating that invites lingering for a moment at any age.
- Grow. Eat. Live, "Be A Helping Hand" is in progress at the Chesapeake Health Department. Learn about this collaboration under the Programs and Events tab. Watch the Chesapeake Master Gardeners Facebook page for invitations & updates. A new straw bale garden demo is in its preparation stage. Another "before and after" in progress!
- Help Desks are found on 1st and 3rd Wednesdays at Food Truck Hump Days on the Great Bridge Waterways.
If you are a Chesapeake Master Gardener (or one of our program partners) and want to share an event that is currently not listed, please let us know.
NOTE: Our CMG Calendar (linked to the left) has been created solely for Chesapeake Master Gardeners and includes advanced education and volunteer opportunities that may not be listed on our public calendar. Intern training dates are available via Intern Corner.